Exporting Payroll Information from CheckMark Payroll
- Calculate pay and create checks as you normally would in CheckMark Payroll.
2. Click Employee Paychecks in the Command Center.
3. Select the appropriate Check Date(s) in the Check Dates box.
Highlight the check(s) you want to post to QuickBooks from the list on the left. If no checks are highlighted, all checks will be saved to the export (IIF) file.
4. Select QuickBooks in the Post Summary File Format list.
5. Click Text File.
Enter the name for your checking account in the Bank Account Name edit box.
If you want to print checks from QuickBooks (as opposed to printing them from CheckMark Payroll), you should select the Print Checks checkbox.
6. Click OK.The text (IIF) file is automatically given the name Posting Summary. Choose a folder in which to save the text (IIF) file, and click Save.
Note where you save the Posting Summary text (IIF) file as you will need to find it when you import into QuickBooks.
Importing Payroll Information into QuickBooks
After you have exported payroll information from CheckMark Payroll, you are ready to import into your QuickBooks company.
- Open the QuickBooks company you want to import into.
2. Choose Import from the File menu.
Select the Posting Summary text (IIF) file you want to import, then click Open.
3. When the import is complete, a message appears. Click OK.