Using Windows Explorer, look at the size of your MultiLedger data files (usually in the MLedger directory in Program Files, or wherever your company files are located). The MLd file is based on the ML9 file so should be about the same size if not just a bit smaller. If the MLd file is much larger than the ML9 file, do the following:
1. If you don’t have a current backup, copy the folder containing the files to another place on the computer–if there is room.
2. Drag the MLd file to the recycle bin--DO NOT EMPTY IT UNTIL YOU ARE DONE.
3. Open your company files. You will get a message that a file is missing or incorrect size. Continue with open.
4. Choose Rebuild Files from the File menu.
5. Once this is finished, click General Ledger in the Command Center, highlight all the months, and click View.
Once that’s done, you should be able to enter your transaction without getting the error message.