Posting Employer Checks to MultiLedger for Macintosh
Employer payment checks from CheckMark Payroll for Macintosh can be posted to MultiLedger for Macintosh by following these instructions.
Set up Ledger Accounts in CheckMark Payroll
Before posting to MultiLedger, you should assign account numbers to payroll categories in CheckMark Payroll.
- In CheckMark Payroll, click Ledger Accounts in the Command Center.
- Assign MultiLedger account numbers to all applicable Payroll Categories.
For more information on setting up Ledger Accounts, see your CheckMark Payroll User’s Manual.
Review Check Summary
After you have created employer payment checks in CheckMark Payroll, you should review them to make sure the information is correct before you post to MultiLedger.
- In CheckMark Payroll, click Employer Checks in the Command Center.
- Select the month.
- Highlight the checks that you want to review from the list on the left.
If no checks are highlighted, information for all checks will be reported.
- Click View or Print.
The report shows individual check information.
- Verify that all ledger accounts are assigned correctly.
For help with incorrectly assigned Ledger Accounts, see your CheckMark Payroll User’s Manual.
Posting to MultiLedger for Macintosh
- Make sure you have your MultiLedger company open.
- In CheckMark Payroll, click Employer Checks in the Command Center, if you haven’t already.
- Select the check month from the list on the right.
- Select the desired checks from the list on the left.
If no checks are selected, all checks for the selected month will be posted.
- Click the Post to MultiLedger button.
A Save As dialog appears. The file is named Employer Checks by default.
Note: The Employer Checks file is a temporary file that can be dragged to the trash when posting is complete. Or, if you save it in the same location each time, you can simply choose to replace it each time you post payroll, thus avoiding confusion of having multiple Employer Checks files on your hard drive.
- Choose where you want to save the file, then click Save.
When the posting is complete, you will receive a message. The checks are posted to the Disbursements Journal in MultiLedger
Note: When you receive the message that posting has been sent, it does not necessarily mean that the posting was successful. The posting process sends information from CheckMark Payroll to MultiLedger, but does not send information from MultiLedger back to CheckMark Payroll. You should check the Disbursements Journal in MultiLedger to make sure the checks were sent correctly.
How to Post Employee Checks to MultiLedger for Windows
How to Post Employer Checks to MultiLedger for Windows
How to Post Employee Checks to MultiLedger for Macintosh
Possible Posting Errors for Employee Checks in CheckMark MultiLedger
Possible Posting Errors for Employer Checks in CheckMark MultiLedger