While there are some users that pay 1099 “employees” in the Payroll program. Technically, if you 1099 someone, they are a vendor. In CheckMark Payroll, you will only be able to print W-2/W-3 information, but MultiLedger will print 1099 information on pre-printed forms.
With version 7.1 of MultiLedger, you can print some of the copies on blank perforated paper or you can send the 1099s electonically using the IRS Fire system.
To print a form 1099 from MultiLedger:
1. Open your company in MultiLedger.
2. Click Vendor Setup in the Command Center and enter the information for the person/persons that you wish to print 1099’s for. Mark the checkbox at the top of the screen 1099 Vendor and Save.
3. If you have not created disbursement checks in MultiLedger to pay this vendor, you will need to enter the amount that you are reporting on the 1099 in the Vendor Setup window in the box labeled 1099 Adjust. If you have created disbursement checks in MultiLedger for the year, this information is already tracked for this vendor for the year. By selecting the 1099 Vendor checkbox, you have identified this vendor for printing a 1099 form.
4. Select Vendor Reports from the Command Center and then select the 1099 option you want from the drop down list. If necessary, select the checkbox to Omit if under $600. MultiLedger automatically selects all vendors in your list marked as a 1099 vendor.
5. Select a range of months that you are reporting, i.e., January 08-December 08 for 2008 reporting. In 7.1, choose the tax year. Click Print in this screen to print the forms. Or click Text File if you are eFiling the 1099s. See the MultiLedger manual for more detailed instructions.
Note:It is recommended that you print a sample 1099 on plain paper to check the alignment with the pre-printed forms. If necessary, go under File/Format and adjust the format. Print out another sample to check until alignment is fine. Then print all your 1099’s on pre-printed forms.