In Payroll versions 7.7 or higher, you will need to create a text file in the CheckMark format and then import that into Cash Ledger. See steps below:
In Payroll after you’ve created your paychecks:
1.Open Employee Paychecks on the Command Center.
2. Select the last radio button in the center column and “CheckMark” in the drop down list. Once complete, it will read CheckMark Format.
3. Select the check date(s) you wish to post to Cash Ledger.
4. Click on “Text File” in the upper left portion of the window.
5. A Save dialog appears asking where you wish to save the file to be imported. It automatically names it “PAYROLL”. Adjust save location and file name if necessary.
6. Click Save.
In Cash Ledger after you’ve created your text file in payroll:Go under File to Import.
1. Select the General radio button.
2. Click on the All Fields‡ button.
3. Click Import.
4. An open dialog appears. Navigate using this window to the location of the file you saved from Payroll. Select the file and click Open.
5. A Preview window opens in Cash Ledger. If all the fields appear lined up and OK in the Preview window, click Import.
Note: Keeping the text files after successfully importing into Cash Ledger is not necessary. Once you have verified the posting in the G/L delete the payroll.txt file.