- When you are running the current version of the payroll program and the version year and payroll year coincide, Federal tax values automatically load into your data files. If you feel that you want to verify that you have current values and you have the current version of the program, Click Federal Taxes in the Command Center, under Setup, then click the Load [current year] Values button, close the Federal Tax window. If the payroll version and the payroll year do not coincide, a message will be displayed.
2. Select State Taxes in the Command Center, under Setup, and click Load Latest Tables….
3. Select your state tables, if necessary, then click OK. Click OK when prompted to replace the existing values.
4. If the tax credit or exemption amount for the selected state has changed, you will get a message: “Change exemption/tax credit amounts for employees using [Table Name], click Yes to recalculate the appropriate value for your employees.
NOTE: For those states where an automatic calculation is not possible, you will get a message that the exemption or tax credit must be manually entered. For information on this calculation, select the Additional Web Information button in the upper right portion of the State Taxes window (requires internet access), or you should consult your state’s tax guide to correctly calculate and enter the amount for Exemption Total or Tax Credit Total on the Employee Setup Taxes tab Window.
5. If your SUTA % has changed, update the SUTA values on the State Taxes window.
If you have Local Taxes,
- Select Local Taxes in the Command Center, under Setup, and click Load Latest….
2. Select your local table(s), then click OK. Click OK when prompted to replace the existing values.
3. If you don’t see your local entity in the list, you may have to create/modify your local tax table in the Local Taxes window. More information on creating/modifying your local taxes is in your payroll manual under Help in your payroll program.
If you process payroll in a state that has no state withholding tax (AK, FL, NH, NV, SD, TN, TX, WA, or WY), you need to add your state name to the list before you can enter your SUTA information. Then you need to make sure the appropriate state name is selected in the Employee window, Taxes tab setup.