Now that you have everything setup, it is time to process payroll. Almost all the windows under Payroll on the Command Center are optional with the exception of Calculate Pay. You are able to calculate and create a pay check all within the Calculate Pay window. CheckMark Payroll does not require that you print a pay check to affect employee YTD balances or payroll reports.You only have to create a check.
Steps to Processing a Payroll
- Enter or Import employee hours. (Optional)
- Distribute Hours by Department or Job. (Optional)
- Calculate Pay.
- Review pay calculations. (Optional)
- Create paychecks.
- Allocate Wages or Re-allocate Hours to Departments or Jobs. (Optional)
- Print paychecks. (Optional)
- Modify paychecks. (Optional)