1. Open the CheckMark 1099 application.
2. Open the database which contains the company you want to import into.
NOTE: If the database that you want to import recipients into does not exist, you will need to create a new database before importing. For information on creating a new database, see “Creating a New Database” in the 1099 Manual under the Help menu.
3. Go under File and select Import.
4. Select Recipient or company in the popup window.
5. In the popup window, select which type of 1099 recipient(s) you are importing: MISC, DIV, INT R or S and which company you would want to import the recipients into.
6. The import screen allows you to select which fields are bing imported. Select the fields in the same order as the text file you are importing. Click the Import button after you have added all fields to the Selected Field List.
7. In the dialog box that comes up, locate & select the text file you saved from Payroll or MultiLedger and click Open.
The recipient information will be imported to the 1099 company.
Text File Format for Importing:
Importing in Tab-delimited text file format simply means you are separating each field with a TAB and each record with a CARRIAGE RETURN. An example is below and contains the Selected Fields: Company Name/Last Name (required), First Name, Address 1, Address 2, City, State, Zip, Recipient ID.
Powers[tab]Max[tab]44 Main St[tab]Ste 101[tab]Fort Collins[tab]CO[tab]80525[tab]123-45-6789[return]
• If any fields are not applicable, for instance the address 2 field, a space can be used as a place holder. For example:
Powers[tab]Max[tab]44 Main St[tab]”space”[tab]Fort Collins[tab]CO[tab]80525[tab]123-45-6789[return]
• If no space is included, two consecutive tabs will also work. For example:
Powers[tab]Max[tab]44 Main St[tab][tab]Fort Collins[tab]CO[tab]80525[tab]123-45-6789[return]
IMPORTANT: Make sure the items in the Selected Fields list are in the same order as the items
in the text file being imported to ensure that all values are imported into the