- If you downloaded the latest version of the program, contact Sales at 800-444-9922 to receive a link to the program download. If you need to install on multiple computers, save the installer to your computer’s Desktop and then copy onto a portable media to allow installation onto other computers. OR, use the latest update CD to install the program(s) onto your computer. While copying and pasting an application may allow the programs to run, not all the components necessary for all features to function properly will be available. Using the downloaded or CD installer will ensure that all components necessary for the features to work are installed on your computer.
2. Go under the Help menu to Check for Latest Version and download and install the latest patch, if necessary. Do this for each CheckMark program that you install.
3. On the “old” computer, make a BACKUP (using the backup feature in the program) of all the company data files that you wish to move to the new computer. Save to an external disk that can be read by both computers. For instructions on making a backup of your data files, see the user manual under Help or article in this Knowledge Base.
4. On the “new” computer, launch your CheckMark program and RESTORE your backup from the external disk onto the new computer. For instructions on restoring the backup of your data files, see the user manual under Help or article in this Knowledge Base.
5. Repeat steps 3-4 for all companies that you wish to move onto the new computer.