There are two forms of updating your CheckMark application, purchasing an update to a new version or downloading and running a patch to “update” the current version of the program. To install a patch, you must have the current version of the program loaded in order to see the changes, if you don’t, you will receive a message that the current version is not loaded.
To update your CheckMark program
- Open your current CheckMark application and backup your company data. Backup instructions are in your user manual located under Help in your CheckMark program, in an article in this Knowledge Base, or on the Tutorials page of this web site. If you have multiple companies on your computer, make sure you have a current backup of all your companies before updating your CheckMark program.
2. Read all the literature, written or electronic, that came with your update disk before installing the update. There may be file converts or other feature changes that you need to be aware of.
3. Insert the disk into the drive of your computer.Windows Once the disk is in the drive, the installer will start automatically, you may need to give it a moment to start.Mac Once the disk icon appears on your Desktop, open the disk and double-click on the update installer.
4. Follow the on-screen instructions, reading each window before proceeding, and completing the update of your CheckMark program.
5. Launch your CheckMark program the way you are used to doing, or use the new shortcut/alias created in the update installer. Verify that you have the updated version of the program.