With Payroll versions 7.7 and higher, you will need to create a text file in the CheckMark Format and then import the file into MultiLedger. See steps below:
In Payroll after you’ve created your paychecks:
1.Select Employee Paychecks on the Command Center.
2. Click on the Format Radio Button in the center and select CheckMark in the drop down list.
3. Select the check date(s) you wish to post to MultiLedger.
4. Click Text File in the upper left portion of the window.
5. A Save dialog opens. The file is named ‘Payroll’ by default. Navigate to desired location and rename if you wish. Save.
In MultiLedger after you’ve created your text file of the payroll you want to import:
1. Select Import in the File menu.
2. Select the General radio button.
3. Click on the Copy All button. Remove Jobs from the Import List if not paying by Job.
4. Click Import.
5. An Opendialog appears. Navigate using this window to the text file you saved from Payroll. Select the text file and Open. A Preview window opens in MultiLedger. Import.
Note: It is not necessary to keep the payroll.txt files once you verify that importing into MultiLedger was successful.