If you are on OS9 or earlier and process a large number of paychecks or transactions, or have an unusually large number of employees, customers, vendors, or items, you may need to increase the Memory Requirements for Payroll or MultiLedger. You may also need to increase the Memory Requirements if you are doing a process such as Rebuilding the Files or Closing the Year, that take more memory than normal daily transactions.
To increase the Memory Requirements, do the following:
- Make sure that Payroll or MultiLedger is not open.
2. Click the Payroll or MultiLedger application once to highlight it.
3. Choose Get Info from the File menu.
4. Increase the Minimum size and the Preferred size to between 2-4 MB (2048K-4096K)
5. Close the Get Info window.