Similar to posting employee checks, you can also post employer checks to MultiLedger.
- Make sure you have your MultiLedger company open.
2. In CheckMark Payroll, click Employer Checks in the Command Center.
3. Select the check month from the list on the right, then highlight the checks you want to post.If no checks are selected, all checks will be posted.
4. Click the Post to MultiLedger button.A Save As dialog appears. The file is automatically named Employer Checks.
Note: The Employer Checks file is a temporary file that can be dragged to the trash when the posting is complete. Or, if you save it in the same location each time, you can simply choose to replace it each time you post, thus avoiding confusion of having multiple Employer Checks files on your hard drive.
5. Choose where you want to save the file, then click Save.When the posting is complete, you will receive a message that the posting has been sent.
Note: When you receive the message that the posting has been sent, it does not necessarily mean the posting was successful. The posting process sends information from CheckMark Payroll to MultiLedger, but does not send information from MultiLedger back to CheckMark Payroll. You should check the Disbursements Journal in MultiLedger to make sure the checks have been sent correctly.